Real Wedding Mike & Christina // South Farm Wedding

Thursday 3 April 2014






















Although a while ago now (or so it seems), I just had to blog about this wedding. Only two days after Christmas, and never having shot a winter wedding this close to to the 25th December, I was intrigued to see how it would go. 

I met Mike and Christina in the studio almost a year previously, and they both seemed to be a big fan of my work. I knew, the big day being a winter wedding, their would be a wintery theme throughout - and I was a BIG fan of their decision to embrace the season throughout their day with the decorations and inclusions they decided upon. Christina's bouquet was a rustic, rugged piece amass with pinecones and winter flowers - it was absolutely fantastic and I loved it! They also had unique Hunter Wellies made for the big day that looked amazing (maybe a trash the dress shoot could be inspired here hmmmm?). 

When we arrived at the venue, I was almost lost for words. Never before have I had the pleasure of photographing such a warm and homely venue. I have been to many lavish and expensive, grand and ornate venues. Dozens in fact, over the years. But something about this place was different. Maybe it was the roaring fires that were kept roaring all night in the farm house and the old barn. Maybe it was the beautiful and authentic gypsy caravans that splashed a bit of colour and character about the place. Maybe it was indeed the staff who offered both myself and Sarah a drink before we even had to ask. It saddens me slightly to say that this is literally the first time we have ever been offered a drink at a venue without asking (in between struggling pants) and what's more, with a smile. It's always quite a long day for us togs, and the smallest things help in a big way. We felt very welcome indeed, and it was an honour to be a part of Mike and Christina's big day.  

It was cold, but like I mentioned after taking photographs outside, a warm and welcoming fire was only moments away wherever we were at the venue. Mike and Christina were both very chilled throughout the day, and were a pleasure to work alongside. They were both very pleased with their images and video.  

We were so impressed with the venue, that Sarah and myself have a meeting there at the week end as a possible venue for our big day in 2016. 

Eeeeek!

I am sure my Nana will be chuffed there are caravans. I'll never forget how one evening after dinner (and a few wines) she went on and on and on about how she had deep gypsy roots in her family history (being Irish), only to take great offence when I brought this up a few months later. 

- Dan


1 comment:

  1. Such gorgeous wedding. Those bridge photos are so romantic. We also would be marrying in a few months and have decided on one of the Chicago wedding venues for the reception. But now I have been seeking a talented party planner for rest of the arrangements. Can you recommend a good planner?

    ReplyDelete