A YEAR IN A POST // BLIMEY

Thursday 5 February 2015

I am sat here blushing. I have just realised it's been nearly a year since I last wrote a blog post. A whole freaking year. When I look back, I cannot believe the amount of stuff that's happened in that time. My fiancé ( <-----first bit of big news!) has been nagging me to get back into blogging. She spent a lot of time in the social networking/internet-web-thingy world, and stresses that blogging is what it's all about for getting your name out there, and your images recognised by google!

I thought I could sum up the last year with a series of pics. In no particular order.

Deep breath, go!


- Got engaged in PARIS




- Saved a lush puppy dog called Penny from gypsies - she is now family.







- Photographed some celebs.




- BOUGHT A FREAKING HOUSE!




- Walked the walls of the colosseum in Rome

















- Sunbathed in Portugal (and shot a wedding)



- Photographed first same sex marriage!



- Got USB's with my NAME ON!



- Was best man and my mate Lee's wedding! Took a great selfie!



- Photographed first Asian Wedding!





- Absorbed the studio business, so I no longer have a business partner (but we're still mates, it's all good!)







- Hired a new photographer / studio manager / sales person / diary manager - wow, official.



/\ not her



- WROTE, DIRECTED AND SHOT A SHORT FILM - this is exciting.





- Booked like 37 weddings!! A new record amount.











- Ate brussel sprouts for the first time since I was 8. They are still HORRID.

- And a whole bunch of other stuff...























WHOAAAA! Busy year.

The weddings scene has been steadily improving. I have increased all of my prices by 25% for VAT reasons, but after a large wedding fair at Centre: MK last week end and booking one on the day, this is appearing to be a good thing! It was nerve racking at first, but we've never booked a wedding at an actual fair before so this is really gooooood. We have also booked 37 weddings so far for 2015, so I guess supply and demand calls for it.

So I'll be spreading my time over the coming months between editing a film which we hope to finish in April, shooting a tonne of weddings, and keeping the studio running while I train the newbie.

What have you been up to?

- Dan





No comments:

Post a Comment