This is my camera. There are many others like it, but this one is mine...

Saturday 1 October 2011

I thought it was about time I got back on the 'blogging train'. My girlfriend has a blog and raves about it all the time. Plus the constant pings on her iPhone from numerous comments she gets on her posts are something I quest for. If I'm out and about, with my phone constantly going off - I'll look more popular.

Ahem.

Right.

Well.

Where to begin? If you want to skip all the reasonably boring stuff like where it all began, how I became a photographer in the first place, check out my very first and very ONLY blog insert to date. It was made over a year ago and at the time I was just starting off two-d photography. If you have the time, give it a read. You'll see where I've come from (sorry the pictures don't work! The blog is so old they have fossilised into question marks...).

Now for where I am. Because a lot has happened in the last year.

Not only has my client base and range of projects increased quite significantly, I have a good friend and investor come on board...and we have built a studio!






Needless to say, with two-d photography Ltd. (HD Video, weddings, bands, corporate) and two-d studios Ltd. (family portrait photography) now running simultaneously, my project scope has increased and we have some very exciting things in the pipeline. I have included below a brief overview in absolutely no particular order - of some projects we have done this year (with a picture of each - to keep with the theme....ha!) to bring you up-to-date in a flash (pun definitely intended).

KENNY BAKER - The bloke who was R2D2. We photographed him at Collectormania at Stadium:MK in Milton Keynes back in May. He told so many stories!!





RICHARD DEAN ANDERSON: The bloke who was Macgyver and in Stargate SG. He was taller than I thought he'd be. He was delighted with the work we did for him and to be honest, it was nice hearing this for a guy who has had his picture taken for nearly 40 years!



IMAGE BARBER: A contemporary hair stylist based in Bedford. Mick wanted some images for a portfolio he was submitting to a national competition in London. We had a shoot with a vehicle and in an old-school American diner in Northampton!










PATHFINDERS - AMERICAN FOOTBALL TEAM: This shoot was on location and in the studio. The lads wanted some portfolio images for their website, roster sheets and publication and marketing purposes.






AUDI: A HD video for a client information day undertaken back in September.


A few weddings and other bits and bobs have taken place ongoing, including some regular work I do for thecentre:mk - one of Europe's largest shopping centres.

The studio continues to flourish, and bookings are steadily increasing. The biggest job over the next few months will be finding the time to pursue the photography I love, as well as what pays the bills. For those budding photographers out there, or those of you who are making an income from what you love - you can no doubt relate first hand. Being able to balance the highly creative and spontaneous photography that we all yearn for is one thing...but creating imagery that sells and pays ones bills is quite another. I am lucky enough to have a good mix going on at the moment, as well as a few video projects. Ironically perhaps, I am doing a shoot tomorrow that takes me all the way back to pretty much the literal day one. The day it all began for real. If you have read my previous blog entry you will know that I started all this photographing a band for free just to get out there and indulge in an opportunity to play with my camera and some lights.

Tomorrow I am photographing another band in a very similar set up, but this time I am being paid for it.

It's funny what can happen in the space of two years. two-d philosophy. Never give up on what you really want to do. If you are creative and love being so, you'll find a way to do it every day. Whether it be an imaginative doodle while sat behind a desk in a stuffy office, or a photo shoot with a celebrity personality.

Keep going.

Pick. That. Camera. Up.

Keep checking in to see how we're getting on, what we're up to and feel free to fire any questions over.

Band shoot entry coming soon!

dD

No comments:

Post a Comment